Soda chlorine bomb
The Soda Chlorine Bomb is an interesting piece of work. It makes a loud noise that rather resembles a hand grenade or howitzer shell, yet causes little to no damage to its nearest surroundings. It's a great device that doesn't cost much, is easily put together, and requires little skill to pull off properly. This isn't to say if you stand around and let it detonate while clutched closely to your chest that you won't tend to feel some soreness.
There are various recipes out there that call for various additives and methods. However after a good semester of experimenting, I have found a very ideal mixture and method. The recipe calls for simple things that can be picked up at a 24-hour Walmart for well under $10. It adds to the humour when you purchase chlorine tablets and rubbing alcohol alone at 4am at the lone checkout lane.
How to do it
You will need:
* 2-Liter Plastic Soda Bottle with screw-on cap
* Large container of standard rubbing alcohol, preferably 95%+ isopropyl.
* 3 -4 Chlorine tablets designed for pool use.
* Hammer or similar blunt, metal object.
The steps are simple and most high school graduates can pull this off without the use of heavy mathematical equations or their organic chemistry notebooks.
* Simply use the hammer to crunch up the four chlorine tablets into a powder. Chunks are acceptable, as long as the mixture is not predominantly huge chunks.
* Funnel or otherwise place the powder into the 2-Liter Plastic soda bottle.
* Be ready to place the bottle at its intended location and exit (if necessary) at this point. Pour in the bottle of rubbing alcohol until either gone, or the soda bottle appears 2/3 full.
* Quickly, now! Screw on the bottle cap very tightly! Make sure it's not going anywhere. Now shake the bottle vigorously for a few seconds and place the bottle down. Run away.
* There will be a buildup of gas inside the bottle, which will reach such high pressures that it will blow apart the soda bottle creating a ka-fucking-boom. If you make a few at a time, a succession of bangs might even give the effect of a shelling or air raid.